Coached by Meredith Rocchi, Kaleidoscope is the youth synchronized skating team at the Gloucester Skating Club. The team was formed in September 2008. In 2014, two teams were formed and competed at the Pre-Novice and Elementary levels. Members of the Kaleidoscope synchronized skating team have the opportunity to practice and improve their skating skills while working together as a team. As a member of a synchronized skating team, you compete with your friends instead of against them.
- Learn the basic elements of synchronized skating
- Improve individual skating skills, and
- Learn to work as part of a team
What opportunities does Kaleidoscope provide?
- It gives skaters the opportunity to improve their skating skills;
- It helps skaters learn how to skate with other people;
- It provides opportunities for skaters to perform in front of crowds;
- It teaches skaters about group goal setting and co-operation; and
- It allows skaters to figure skate AND be part of a team.
Members of Kaleidoscope are expected to:
- Attend all weekly on-ice and off-ice practices from September through March;
- Maintain individual skating skills through lessons with a registered Skate Canada coach;
- Participate in the Synchro Showcase in Ottawa (December);
- Participate in 1-2 Synchro competitions determined at the start of the season; and
- Participate in other team building events, shows, etc.
For further information, please contact Kaleidoscope’s Team Manager, Wendy Willbond .