Kaleidoscope is the youth synchronized skating team at the Gloucester Skating Club. The team was formed in September 2008. In 2014, two teams were formed and competed at the Pre-Novice and Elementary levels. Members of the Kaleidoscope synchronized skating team have the opportunity to practice and improve their skating skills while working together as a team. As a member of a synchronized skating team, you compete with your friends instead of against them.
- Learn the basic elements of synchronized skating
- Improve individual skating skills, and
- Learn to work as part of a team
What opportunities does Kaleidoscope provide?
- It gives skaters the opportunity to improve their skating skills;
- It helps skaters learn how to skate with other people;
- It provides opportunities for skaters to perform in front of crowds;
- It teaches skaters about group goal setting and co-operation; and
- It allows skaters to figure skate AND be part of a team.
Members of Kaleidoscope are expected to:
- Attend all weekly on-ice and off-ice practices from September through March;
- Maintain individual skating skills through lessons with a registered Skate Canada coach;
- Participate in the Synchro Showcase in Ottawa (December);
- Participate in 1-2 Synchro competitions determined at the start of the season; and
- Participate in other team building events, shows, etc.
For further information, please contact Kaleidoscope’s Team Manager, Wendy Willbond .