As a Skate Canada Level 4 Professional Figure Skating Coach it is my job to develop students to their fullest potential, allowing them to achieve their skating goals. Whether at the CanSkate or Competitive level I bring the technical expertise to the rink each and every day. Skating is a technical sport and in order to maximize results at all levels it has to remain fun for each skater. My 27 years experience allows me to combine the two components to optimize each skater’s experience on and off the ice.
27 years (Bilingual)
- NCCP Level 4
- Skate Canada EOS Singles Technical Specialist
- Gold Level CEP
Areas of Specialization
- Video Analysis
- Off-Ice Jump Technique
- Dance/Skills Development
Personal Skating Credentials
- Freeskate – Senior Silver
- Dance – Senior Silver
- Figures – 7th
- Coached and choreographed skaters to Canadians,Eastern Challenge. Quebec and EOS Sectional Medals.
- Mentored and studied under World and Olympic Coaches Christy Krall and Tom Zackrajsek. Studied jump technique and video analysis in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Eastern Canada Coach Representative 2005-2007
- EOS Coaches Representative 2004-2007
- EOS Volunteer Coach of the Year 2005-2006
- Member of EOS Skater Development Committee 2004-2007
- Member of the Skate Canada Club Recreation Coach Sub-Committee 2005-2007
- Lead Coach for Star 1-5 French speaking Video Tutorial 2015
- Colloborated for the 2015 Winterlude Production
- Member of the Sport Advisory Committee BODYSENSE for the promotion of positive body image led by Heidi Mack 2004
- Choreographed Canadian Championships Closing Ceremonies 2006
- EOS Team Coach for Ontario Winter Games 2004/2006
- JumpStart Seminar Conductor and Regional Seminars
- Choreographed Winterlude Ice Show on Rideau Canal.
- Coordinator of the Sport-Etude Figure Skating group of the Polyvalante de L’lle High School from 2001-2010.
- Mentor Coach for NCCP Coaching Program
- Canskate-Canfigureskate Clinic Conductor 1992-1995
- Volunteered at many Skate Canada events
Attended Coach Development Seminars with World and Olympic Coaches
Frank Carroll, Kurt Browning, Tracy Wilson, Doug Leigh, Richard Callaghan, Alexi Mishin, Brian Orser, Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen, David Wilson, Lori Nichols, Joanne McLeod, Manon Perron, Anne Schelter
Some of my interests include designing male and female costumes, specializing in beading. I am also a sports enthusiast, and love music. My family is very important to me – my loving husband and my 18 year old son are my pride and joy.